|This adapted version of one of the world’s most well-known books on Organic Chemistry combines the Solomon’s, Fryhle and Synder approach to Organic Chemistry with engineering entrance examinations requirements. The book has been reorganized based on the challenges faced by the students preparing for engineering entrance in terms of practice problems and clarity of theories. The relevance to exams is enhanced by elaborating concepts related to the syllabus, removing irrelevant topics and addition of specific problems at the end of each chapter. Furthermore, the book
●Focuses on the three problem areas of Organic Chemistry- problem solving, visualization of structures and understanding of mechanism.
● Contains well-illustrated reactions with elaborate and stepwise explanation of their mechanisms.
● Aids easy learning by summarizing various key concepts in the form of concepts maps, summary and review tools.
Highlights of the book
● JEE syllabus completely covered.
● Additional topics in textual and tabular form provided within the chapter to clarify basic topics.
●Three new chapters added based on the important topics of carbenes, nitrenes and polymers covered in the syllabus of JEE.
● Various solved examples other than the ones already present in the original book provided for practice, covering all types of JEE questions.
● Irrelevant chapters/sections removed to present a concise text.
● Illustrations and challenging problems bring out the emphasis of the high quality text.
● Concept maps provided for each chapter to summarize the reactions and concepts for last-minute revision.
● End-of-chapter exercises, in addition to thought-provoking subjective questions, contains all questions-type as per JEE requirement
Single correct choice type
Multiple correct choice type
Linked comprehension type
Matrix match type
●Answer to selected problems at the end of the book
● Answer key provided for all objective questions
● Chapter wise solved JEE (Advanced questions (2011-2016)