|This book is an adaptation of the classic book Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee (fifth edition) which is widely used by students all over the world. This adapted version provides a more concise treatment of the subject as per JEE syllabus requirements. The concepts are explained in a simple and straightforward manner. Yet the book provides a thorough grounding of the subject, helping students approach the examination with confidence.
HIGHTLIGHTS OF THE BOOK:
● Chapter opener with an opening vignette related to the topic, and contents of the chapter listed for an overview
● Reorganization of chapters as per JEE syllabus flow.
* Chemical Bonding combined to cover lonic, Covalent and Metallic bonding together.
* Chapters on s-, p-, d- and f- combined to form single chapter each, covering just the required topics.
● Additional Chapters on Hydrolysis, Metallurgy and Qualitative Salt Analysis for complete coverage of JEE syllabus
Chapter 1 and 2 are replaced with more relevant and precise chapters:
● Structure of an Atom
● Periodic table and periodic properties
● Deletion of chapters that are not required as per syllabus – Atomic Nucleus and Spectra
● Assessment as per JEE includes a complete new set of exercises comprising all question types – Single correct choice, Multiple correct choice, Comprehension type, Assertion-reasoning type, Integer-answer type and Matrix-match type
● Useful appendices with data on abundance of elements, their melting and \boiling points, densities, electronic structure, bond energies, solubilities, atomic weights and electrical resistivity.
● Includes latest solved Chemistry paper for JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced)
Additional practice problems for important chapters categorised question type wise