|This book is an adaptation of the classic book Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee (fifth edition) which is widely used by students all over the world. This adapted version provides a more concise treatment of the subject as per NEET syllabus requirements but does not compromise on essentials. The explanation of fundamental concepts is simple and straightforward, offering a right blend of theory and applications.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE BOOK
● Reorganization of chapters as per medical syllabus flow.
* Chemical Bonding combined to cover lonic, Covalent and Metallic bonding together.
* Chapters on s-, p-, d- and f- combined to form single chapter each, covering just the required topics.
● Additional Chapter for complete coverage of medical entrance syllabus.
Chapter on metallurgy has been introduced.
Chapter 1 and 2 are replaced with more relevant and precise chapters:
● Structure of an Atom
● Periodic table and periodic properties
● Deletion of chapters Atomic Nucleus and Spectra that are not required as per syllabus of medical entrance exams.
● Assessment as per medical entrance includes a complete new set of exercises, including questions from previous 10 year’s papers of AIPMT and AIIMS, comprising two question types:
* Single correct choice
* Assertion-reasoning type
● Useful appendices with data on abundance of elements, their melting and \boiling points, densities, electronic structure, bond energies, solubilities, atomic weights and electrical resistivity.
● Includes latest solved Chemistry paper for NEET.